CenturyLink

There are newer employer reviews for CenturyLink

Swamp People

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Union is still strong, local management team gets out of the way so I can do my job, benefits are ok but nothing spectacular, job stays at work. Able to move around and advance.

Cons

Constant shuffling of Directors, VP's, and business units each with a new direction. Bitter legacy CenturtTel people (they feel entitled to jobs because "they bought Qwest" even if they have far less experience running a global company. What worked for a department of 15 does not translate to success with a combined group of 200 people. Weirdo religion overtones. Benefits and pay are under attack. Everything is going to be contracted out.

Assume the people doing the job know how to do it best rather than someone 1000 miles away. Metrics just for the sake of having something to measure are pointless.

968 Other Employee Reviews for CenturyLink (View Most Recent)

Going Downhill Fast

Current Employee - Field Technician
    Current Employee - Field Technician

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It pays the bills for now.

Cons

Every year is a decrease in pay. Health insurance goes up every year (it is a self insured company) and a wage increase (if any) that doesn't even allow us to break even.

Minimal discount on CenturyLink services for employees. Past employers gave company services away for free as a perk of employment. Zero perks here!

A constant push to sell services. Technicians are technicians, not sales people, for a reason. Would you want a sales person installing your services? To get credit for a legitimate sale, you have to fight a flawed system for it. I’ve given up completely as it’s not worth the aggravation anymore.

Get a clue!

Good experience

I have been working at CenturyLink

Pros

Fortune 500 company with a much smaller vibe

Cons

No longer exists. Completely hamstrung by debt.

There are newer employer reviews for CenturyLink