CenturyLink

www.centurylink.com

A good place to earn credibility and a positive reputation for yourself.

Strategic Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe scope of the products and the network reach makes CenturyLink a solid player in the market. As the 3rd largest U.S. telecom company, there is a lot of room to grow which is a great opportunity for a sales person. Tenured staff make the job of the salesperson easier and more attractive for clients to continue doing business with you.

ConsRecent M&As have slowed some things down. In a year or two, I predict smooth sailing. Sr. Management has been very good at listening to the issues and taking action on them. It's not easy turning around a cruise ship, but they're managing.

Advice to Senior ManagementEach market needs to be evaluated and analyzed individually for what is possible from a sales perspective. Some markets are capable of generating much more revenue than other markets depending on the business climate in that market.

The company Values are Great ..its the behind the values the management dose not deliver what they promote same w most

Customer Communications Technician (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: luv being union i luv working and feeling secure and knowledgeable in my job If I ever wanted to participate in the Management arena… Cons: The needs of the business is not more important than an Individual the bean counting is ridiculous and heads no results if… Advice to Senior Management: the union employes are expected to give and give and give and the company takes to much time iswasted on bogus mangment monitoring and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Painful Integration from M&A Activity

Business Sales (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Large, currently stable company. Benefits are average. Cons: Operational grid-lock due to M&A activity and lack of integration. Extremely challenging to accomplish recently increased goals/quota… Advice to Senior Management: Engage with outside consultant who can get systems and processes integrated quickly. Outside sales has been demoralized… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on CenturyLink.

Worked for CenturyLink? Contribute to the Community!