CenturyLink

www.centurylink.com

Good company, but could be a GREAT company. "Aggressive yet disciplined" is almost like standing still.

Analyst (Current Employee) Monroe, LA

ProsI was born and raised in Monroe, LA. I have a lot of my family and friends in and around this area. This is home. It is awesome to work for a large successful company headquartered in my own backyard. This is a company with small town roots that, for the most part, has not forgotten where it came from. CenturyTel has its Unifying Principles (fairness, honesty and integrity, commitment to excellence, positive attitude, respect, faith, and perseverance) and I am in daily contact with CenturyTel folks who try to live by these principles. That is refreshing in this day and time.

ConsLack of vision. An "old boy" network that allows underqualified people, men and women, to matain positions that they do not have the skill set for.

Advice to Senior ManagementHome phone is dead. That leaves you with TV and DSL. You don't own the TV in most markets. That leaves you with just DSL. The Cable guys are running 5M or better HSI in most of our competing markets. We need to invest in our Broadband pipe. It needs to be as big as possible to handle not only the demands of today's DSL needs, but it needs to be big enough to carry tomorrow's Broadband needs.

Not a very satisfying job

CZT (Former Employee) Pell City, AL

I worked at CenturyLink

Pros: None really just close to home. Watch out during the interview they will promise things they can't keep. If there has to… Cons: Promised training and never received it. Employees knew more about the job than the supervisor. Taking a day off was hardly ever permitted due to… Advice to Senior Management: Work on communication between senior management and workers. Keep promises… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

SSE

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: not much work pressure good for family Cons: not much career growth . Advice to Senior Management: Resources to be utilized well Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on CenturyLink.

Worked for CenturyLink? Contribute to the Community!