There are newer employer reviews for CenturyLink

Good company, but could be a GREAT company. "Aggressive yet disciplined" is almost like standing still.

Current Employee - Analyst in Monroe, LA
Current Employee - Analyst in Monroe, LA

I have been working at CenturyLink

Pros

I was born and raised in Monroe, LA. I have a lot of my family and friends in and around this area. This is home. It is awesome to work for a large successful company headquartered in my own backyard. This is a company with small town roots that, for the most part, has not forgotten where it came from. CenturyTel has its Unifying Principles (fairness, honesty and integrity, commitment to excellence, positive attitude, respect, faith, and perseverance) and I am in daily contact with CenturyTel folks who try to live by these principles. That is refreshing in this day and time.

Cons

Lack of vision. An "old boy" network that allows underqualified people, men and women, to matain positions that they do not have the skill set for.

Advice to Management

Home phone is dead. That leaves you with TV and DSL. You don't own the TV in most markets. That leaves you with just DSL. The Cable guys are running 5M or better HSI in most of our competing markets. We need to invest in our Broadband pipe. It needs to be as big as possible to handle not only the demands of today's DSL needs, but it needs to be big enough to carry tomorrow's Broadband needs.

reviews filtered by

Not a very satisfying job

Former Employee - CZT in Pell City, AL
    Former Employee - CZT in Pell City, AL

I worked at CenturyLink

Pros

None really just close to home. Watch out during the interview they will promise things they can't keep. If there has to be anything good about the job it has to be that you get a certain percentage off your phone bill every month

Cons

Promised training and never received it. Employees knew more about the job than the supervisor. Taking a day off was hardly ever permitted due to lake of employees. This company is way under staffed. This leads to a very stressful work environment. The company also does not put much of their profits back into the plant equipment and maintenance.

Advice to Management

Work on communication between senior management and workers. Keep promises made during the job interviews.

2. I was satisfied from interview process

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This company is a product based company and here you can use your skills to prove it

Cons

there is no work pressure so much

Advice to Management

Nothing

There are newer employer reviews for CenturyLink