CenturyLink
www.centurylink.com Monroe, LA 5000+ Employees

A very good work at home experience

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Spring Lake, NC

I worked at CenturyLink part-time for more than a year

Pros$11 an hour, decent management, lots of small perks and bonuses. Working at home is great and the hours were pretty decent.

ConsThe Pay did not increase. We had a sales quote and the company had merged so many times that many of the customers had better grandfathered deals, but we were to encourage newer packages, however it often did not make sense to the customer.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be short breaks allowed once an hour - when you only get a min or two in a shift (other than lunch) to get a drink or use the bathroom it can be difficult.

Great internship experience - given significant responsibility for an intern position.

I have been working at CenturyLink as an intern

Pros: Support and encouragement from management Diverse and engaging work Structured learning programs Cons: Lack of opportunity to convert from intern to employee in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Purchaing Qwest - Pacific NW area ( WA / CO)

Field Operations NW Region (Former Employee)
North Bend, WA

I worked at CenturyLink full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: They were a GREAT company prior to purchasing a wasted… Cons: Qwest management team is the most outdated and unprofessional group I have ever worked for in my career. (mgr's to manage other mgr's) no wonder… Advice to Senior Management: Learn how to hire good managers - that respect employees and do not treat… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on CenturyLink.

Worked for CenturyLink? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CenturyLink reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CenturyLink CEO Glen F. Post, III. All reviews posted anonymously by CenturyLink employees.