There are newer employer reviews for CenturyLink

ok , Joe Nacchio cost me 1/2 a million dollars

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Littleton, CO
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Littleton, CO

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

payday. My boss is far away so he does not get on my nerves. They need better work from connection tools. the IBM contract to manage OS and servers and to restrict root access is bordering on insanity, falls under the more money than brains club membership.

Cons

Moving the HIGH TECH IT center to Monroe, LA ru kidding ?

Advice to Management

Quit mailing advertisements to people who already bought the service. It makes the company look silly and wastes everyones time and money and gas and electricity.

reviews filtered by
  1. Values and Culture

Current Employee - Director in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Director in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Honest and open workplace environment. Results oriented with favorable upside for sales and product managers supporting revenue growth.

Cons

Informal processes and gaps in accountability.

Advice to Management

Focus on the post-sales as much as the pre-sales.

So far, just okay...

Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager in Apopka, FL
    Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager in Apopka, FL

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I've been here under a year now and I can't quite gauge how I feel about the company just yet. I will say though sales training was awesome. Got to go to Denver for two weeks, it was cold but it was still a great city to see. Went through a very thorough sales training with a company called "Sales Artist". The training is probably the most practical of any sales training i've had up to this point in my career. However, people are still people and the little tricks they suggest work….just not all the time. The office culture is GREAT. I love the people I work with my managers aren't pushy. You have the ability to make your own schedule really. You set up your appoints as you see fit. As long as you're making numbers and hitting metrics they won't say a thing to you. Thats the kind of environment I like. Not that micromanage 8-5 BS.

Cons

The systems. Horrible. I learn a new system or get introduced to a new site it seems like every other day. No one really in the office is proficient at them all. One guy is an expert on this one, another guy is an expert on that, and so on. They have "SIMS" Sales Implementation Management Specialist that float around. Well there's only one in my office. But it's a headache trying to set up a meeting with them. I find myself just asking multiple people until I find the right answers. Then I gotta go back and fact check those answers, lol. It's a really pain for a person like me who likes to be in control of what I'm doing as opposed to guessing all day long. The systems are the WORST of any company I've worked for. And it's not even the actual system that are the issue, its just the amount and the lack of collective knowledge surrounding them all. Makes a day for a new that much tougher.

Advice to Management

I'm sure it's been said before, but we have cellphones that you can make a call, send a text, take a pic, surf the web, find directions, set an appointment, and ask a question all using one simple interface. Has that technology not made it to Big Telco? It's time. Dump some money in your technology department and compile all these programs down to about two or three. Give us a chance to succeed early.

There are newer employer reviews for CenturyLink