There are newer employer reviews for Cenveo

Do not apply for this job!

Former Employee - Journal Production Manager in Columbia, MD
Former Employee - Journal Production Manager in Columbia, MD

Pros

The location is fairly good.

Cons

The are more downsides than I can shake a stick at. I was expected to know everything about the company within a week, which is not realistic. My computer crashed at least three times per week. I was screamed at daily for events that were beyond my control.

Advice to Management

Be realistic! A person cannot know the politics of a company within a week. Drop the job shadowing technique altogether because it streses out the former employee and gives the new employee way too much information at once.

Other Employee Reviews for Cenveo

Excellent Co-workers, Scary Workloads

Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Account Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Excellent co-worker rapport and support. People really banded together to try to create a positive environment.

Cons

Tons of work. Way more than one person could conceivably do. Lots of unrealistic expectations and very little respect where vacation is concerned. I remember getting calls while on vacation about a meltdown at work. The environment was one of anxiety.

Advice to Management

Your workers are not firewood so work on tactics to avoid burn out.

Not a great place to work at

Former Employee - Editor in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Editor in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Cenveo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, to some degree. That though depends on your immediate line manager.

Cons

Where do I start? Senior management is opaque and totally unapproachable. The so-called 'red tape' that binds itself around everything is just a pain to negotiate. Pay is downright bad. Increments and bonuses are at best, non-existent. Growth opportunities fall very much in the same category. Basically, if you are just need a job for the sake of working and you are immune to the world around you, don't give a penny about career, growth, pay etc. and just want a chair to hole in for the long-haul this is the place to be. For people who need a sound work environment, aspire to grow, seek good pay and performance-related bonuses and have a healthy career, this should be your last resort!

Advice to Management

No offense! But currently you have made Cepha/Cenveo such a rotten place! It's time you sit up and take note of your employees' grievances and make some decent effort to address them. And oh, just so you realize, there are few who work for charity and even fewer who are content to sit at the same job for a lifetime!