Cenveo

www.cenveo.com

The career path to nowhere?

Copy Editor III (Current Employee) Columbia, MD

Prosthis reviewer works at Cadmus, a company purchased by Cenveo in 2007. At the time of the purchase, we saw major layoffs of long-term employees. We know very little about hte new parent company. Locally, Cadmus permits schedule variations of work times, including work at home. Certain departments are relatively "hands-off" on overseeing work.

Conssome departments are definitely NOT hands-off, but are micro-managed by dept. leader. There is very little opportunity to move up on career ladder, and there is no encouragement from within the company. The parent company in Connecticut, a commercial print company, seems to have little appreciation for the kind of work we do here in Maryland (production of scholarly books and journals), and the emphasis has moved from quality of product to fastest and cheapest. Employees are treated, basically, in the same way. Pay raises average approx 1.5%, when given. No company contribution to 401K plans, and no incentive (monetary or not) to remain with Cenveo. A standing joke among employees is that one day we will be charged rent to work in our cubes....

Advice to Senior ManagementFind out what your company in Columbia does (scholarly journals and books), recognize the hard-working people at the below management level.

Do not apply for this job!

Journal Production Manager (Former Employee) Columbia, MD

I worked at Cenveo

Pros: The location is fairly good. Cons: The are more downsides than I can shake a stick at. I was expected to know everything about the company within a week, which… Advice to Senior Management: Be realistic! A person cannot know the politics of a company within a week. Drop the job shadowing technique… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent Co-workers, Scary Workloads

Account Coordinator (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Cenveo

Pros: Excellent co-worker rapport and support. People really banded together to… Cons: Tons of work. Way more than one person could conceivably do. Lots of unrealistic expectations and very little respect where… Advice to Senior Management: Your workers are not firewood so work on tactics to… More
There are newer reviews on Cenveo.

Worked for Cenveo? Contribute to the Community!