There are newer employer reviews for Cequint

A company that's still finding it's way...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cequint full-time

Pros

I see a lot of the negative reviews on Glassdoor, and while I can't discount their merit, and some of them really nailed down issues, there are still people in charge that give me hope. The engineering leadership is outstanding, and from a technology view point the company has a solid footing. They've lost a few really strong people, though, so I have concerns that they aren't moving forward on the excellent foundation that was set up. The engineering/development folks remaining are for the most part strong, and I'm hoping they'll step up and take some of their innovative concepts to the next level.

Cons

No real ownership, which results in no real accountability. Every manager owns everything and nothing at the same time. As other reviews have suggested, I think it's true that many there don't really understand the underlying technologies of the several strengths of Cequint. The value add of Cequint is really the integration of several vertical and horizontal platforms and programs, both at the network level as well as the business level. I'm not going to get into the HR management, which I think is really the result of a complicated chain of two acquisitions in as many years by companies that are just plain confused.

Give engineering more of a say! There are reasons that the most successful technology companies (take Google, for example), are engineer-driven. While non-technical folks can definitely spur ideas, manage communication to customers, and drive inspiration, it's really engineering that can determine what is feasible, and what gets the most bang for the buck. The engineers at Cequint are REALLY strong, and should be involved in not just the immediate deliverables, but the long term strategies, prospects, and deliverables, as well. The idea that there should be "product people" and "engineers", and that they are two disparate disciplines is out-dated and delusional. Also, the CEO listed for this company may be out-dated.

16 Other Employee Reviews for Cequint (View Most Recent)

Cequint a company that if its product was released 5-7 years ago it would have been great.

Current Employee - Handset Software Development Engineer In Test  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Handset Software Development Engineer In Test in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cequint full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance
    Stress level
    Cool office
    Most employees are Cequint are very nice and friendly
    large amounts of PTO

Cons

Few and far between in career opportunities
    Upper management is terrible
    No motivation to do your best work
    Company product isn't one you would buy
    No Bonuses, No stock, no nothing

Learn to motivate your employees to breath life into your company.

Still good and promising company to work.

Current Employee - Integration Engineer  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Integration Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cequint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very good, consistent and emerging company. Good culture it has. Good at work & life balance - you can be more flexible than other companies.

Cons

No additional compensation at all. Don't expect to much other than salary. Health insurance is not 100% covered by company so you have to pay lots of money.

There are newer employer reviews for Cequint

Worked for Cequint? Contribute to the Community!