Slowly Went Downhill...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ceridian full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I thought the benefits were good, and I worked with some good people over the years. At one point, I felt good about the work I was doing.

Cons

The importance of quality was seriously compromised over the time I was there. When I was hired, there was a strong initiative toward the importance of the QA and QC organizations. However, that quickly broke down when the Business began to complain about having to follow process, even if that meant better quality in their products. Within our business segment, the QA organization was completely dismantled, and the QC organization was divided up between products (i.e., decentralized). QC personnel were placed under project and development managers who had no true understanding of the quality process, and no desire to listen to their people in order to learn. This ignorance seemed to be fed from upper levels of management. And over the course of time, a lot of good people lost their jobs because of bad management decisions. The icing on the cake was continuing to receive emails about how great the company was doing as I was waiting for my final day due to a need for staff reduction. Every time I got emails about how great Ceridian was doing and how much revenue the company was making, I wondered how many people's salaries had to be sacrificed in order to make that revenue. Morale was at an all-time low, and simple things like holiday parties, pot lucks, team building, etc., went the way of the dinosaur. Finally, there were NO training opportunities and no options for advancement. I felt "boxed in". I picked up the responsibilities of the job level above mine, and performed at that level for 3 years, and was always told I could not get the actual TITLE associated with that job level, often because of budget.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who work in the trenches. Think through and make concrete strategy decisions, then give them TIME TO WORK. Create a long-term vision for the company, and make sure it is based on product quality, customer service, and a respect for your employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Excellent Company

Former Employee - Triage Consultant in Saint Pete, FL
    Former Employee - Triage Consultant in Saint Pete, FL

I worked at Ceridian full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Something different every day, being able to think on your feet, communication, making a difference in people's lives

Cons

The only con would be if you're not a hard worker, you better not work for them

Advice to Management

Nothing, I wouldn't change a thing

Lots of potential but management overhaul has taken its toll

Former Employee - Director in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Director in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Ceridian full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smaller company can move on opportunities quickly, aggressive new management, smart people at the very top

Cons

culture has been eviscerated by change, small startup leadership now running a much larger organization than they are used to

Advice to Management

Focus on the changes that are strategic imperatives to maintain buy-in from 'legacy' employees. Remove 'culture-destroying' managers to really prove that things will be different going forward.