Cerner
www.cerner.com Kansas City, MO 5000+ Employees

Good place to start your career, but horrible place to end it

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Cerner

ProsThey hire people straight out of college, so you don't need a lot of experience. If you manage to get on a good team, work can be a fun, enjoyable place. There are a lot of internal opportunities to move around if you're wanting to try something new.

ConsHorrible work/life balance and your satisfaction lies purely in the hands of the team you're placed on. If you get a good manager things aren't so bad, but there are teams that work 60-80 hours a week once or twice a month.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect what your employees do for you everyday.

Work nights and weekends

Marketing Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Cerner

Pros: Aggressive, bold leadership trying to change the healthcare industry for… Cons: No work life balance at all. Advice to Senior Management: Chill out. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Only do it as a last resort

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Cerner

Pros: Pay is decent out of college, a little low. Easy to get a job. Really… Cons: It is pretty much Office Space: The Reality TV Show. Most people work at least 50 hours a week. Even more if you expect to… Advice to Senior Management: No advice, they know exactly what they're doing. Squeeze every last drop out of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Cerner.

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cerner reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cerner CEO Neal L. Patterson. All reviews posted anonymously by Cerner employees.