Cerner
www.cerner.com Kansas City, MO 5000+ Employees

It's a great company to start with but not stay too long.

I have been working at Cerner

ProsFast moving company that is trying to change how health care uses technology. There are plenty of opportunities to move up within the company and if you don't like what you're doing just wait 6 months and you could be doing something else.

ConsBenefits are terrible. Competitive benefits is just marketing. The company is more focused on sales than software so if you're in consulting you'll be well supported but if you're in the dev groups be ready to churn out code as fast as someone can sell it.

Unlimited potential, good pay, comfortable environment

Technical Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Cerner

Pros: Despite being a large company, Cerner provides line managers & group executives a lot of flexibility and has very few strict policies. This applies… Cons: The experience is very different from one team to the next: the 48-hour workweek expectation is standard,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent Wellness Program

Solutions Architect (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cerner

Pros: Cerner does an excellent job of "walking the talk" of being a health company. Not only do the… Cons: Not much to improve on but I think it would be great if the comany was more open to addressing individual associate issues and situations… Advice to Senior Management: It would be great if there was a greater effort… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Cerner.

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cerner reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cerner CEO Neal L. Patterson. All reviews posted anonymously by Cerner employees.