Cerner

www.cerner.com

Good place to start...

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsGood first job. You'll gain lots of useful experience. However, be prepared to work some long hours. If you're a hard charger, you can move up the ladder fast.

ConsNo work/life balance. Most employees are underpaid. Employee performance reviews are done using the bell curve. It's best to get your feet wet with Cerner and then 2-3 years down the road, use that experience to catapult you to a better job.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on retaining the talent you've got, instead of thinking everyone is easily replaceable by the next crop of college kids.

Awesome. Feel cared about. Truly do "Work hard, play hard."

KCIT Technical Apprentice (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Cerner full-time for more than a year

Pros: Plenty of visibility of the company as a whole. Gained good understanding of Cerner's mission very… Cons: Company motto is "Work hard, play hard." This motto holds pretty truthfully.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place if you're willing to stick with it

Technical (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Cerner full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: LOTS of different opportunities. This is a very diverse company with many areas to work in. If you're not happy in your current role… Cons: There will be many times you'll be putting in long… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Cerner.

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!