Cerner

www.cerner.com

Pretty good if you are fortunate to be in a good team.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsI have been fortunate to be in one of the teams that does not work the way cerner has worked traditionally. We work more like a startup , put less emphasis on the red tape and process and actually get a lot of work done. Unfortunately this isn't true for lot of other people that I know.

Some pros that I can think of top of my head.
1. Start up like culture.
2. Lot of room for growth.
3. Given lot of responsibilities early in my career.
4. Lean company.

ConsCompensation is on the low end of the range compared to similar companies. Company does not value its employees and does not reward them well. I guess this flows from the top. Employees are just treated as resources which leads to lot of attrition.

A lot of good employees knowing that they can get better compensated/rewarded elsewhere will eventually leave after 3-5 years in the company. As a result the company ends up with mediocre employees which will lead to mediocre products that look and work like crap.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are what drive the value of your company. Take good care and compensate them well. Hiring standards need to improve drastically , a bunch of behavioral questions is not going to tell who is a good engineer and who is not.

System Engineer at Cerner Corp

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Cerner full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good atmosphere, enjoy working here Cons: Work a lot, advancement criteria not specific Advice to Senior Management: help your peons know how to advance Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Operations Support Specialist

Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Cerner full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Flexibility. Option to change positions within the company. Cons: Poor training for associates that change positions within the company. Advice to Senior Management: Be more competitive with associates salary. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Cerner.

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!