Cerner

www.cerner.com

A great appetizer before your main course

Solutions Delivery Consultant (Current Employee) North Kansas City, MO

ProsYou get to meet great people who are generally really nice and outgoiing. Although management may not, the associates you meet there will give you all the insight you could ever ask for in the healthcare industry and anything else you may be interested in. Having a huge work force allows for a unique knowledge sharing experience that is hard to get at smaller companies.

There are no limits to the number of "sick" days that can be used. This being said, you may be expected to work from home on said "sick" day.

The cafeteria has great food, even if it is over-priced.

Overall a great place to start a career but not finish.

ConsWorking from home is a blessing and also a curse. Since everyone is on salary, you may only be in the office from 8 am - 5 pm but that does not mean your day has to end there and management will not expect it to.

For a healthcare company, the benefits could be better although it is nice to have a free clinic on campus to go to. Even though there is a free clinic to go to, some of the doctor's and NP's there are incompetent.

Neal is one cocky SOB. If only he came around and I would actually see him so I could knock him off his pedestal.

Low salaries. Your workers work hard, compensate them.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish senior management was more organized. With the roles I have had there, managers manager in varying ways. Luckily for me right now I am with a great management team.

Opportunities for advancement - but without the compensation to support it

Clinical Strategist (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

I worked at Cerner

Pros: Smart, great people who are willing to work very hard, knowledge sharing, opportunities… Cons: Below average pay, unfair and inconsistent promotion practices, poor raises, expectation to work beyond your role without appropriate compensation, limited… Advice to Senior Management: Base compensation, raises, and promotions on performance. Associates should be paid for the role that they are performing (and held accountable for). Associates… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Overall, a pretty great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Cerner

Pros: Interesting and meaningful work. Cutting edge technologies and the opportunity to work with… Cons: The "unwritten" requirement of 48 hours per week for salaried… Advice to Senior Management: Drop the 48 hours per week. You get what you measure. You will get… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Cerner.

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!