Cerner
www.cerner.com Kansas City, MO 5000+ Employees

Biggest mistake of my career...

Finance Senior Manager (Former Employee)
North Kansas City, MO

I worked at Cerner full-time for less than a year

ProsGood pay, decent benefits. If you do decide to work at this place, make sure you ask for top-dollar. They will pay it.

ConsHorrid work/life balance. Very unprofessional and inexperienced management. Very antiquated processes. Bizzare "Banding" process and evaluation based on overtime hours, not end results. Way to many chiefs and not enough indians. I was looking for the door after 6 weeks and I was a Sr. Manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying to new hires. Stop promoting unqualified people to exec positions and then ignoring what they do...they will kill your company in the long-run. When this company is bought-out by MSoft, Oracle, or some foreign entity, the company will be gutted and most management will be replaced by real professionals.

No work life balance. Do not work here if you have kids. Cernerworks leadership sucks,

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee)
Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Cerner full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great benefits, fun technology. Lots of opportunity to transfer within Cons: 75+ hour weeks are the norm. I have never worked less than a 60 hour week. Even during a slow time I will work 60… Advice to Senior Management: Give us a break. Let us leave work at work Dont make me miss my daughters… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good Opportunities

Advisory Solution Consultant (Current Employee)
Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Cerner full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Generally a growing company with lots of opportunities. Cons: Politics can be an issue. Culture of long hours. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Cerner.

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cerner reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cerner CEO Neal L. Patterson. All reviews posted anonymously by Cerner employees.