Cerner

www.cerner.com
  www.cerner.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cerner

Biggest mistake of my career...

Former Employee - Finance Senior Manager in North Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Finance Senior Manager in North Kansas City, MO

I worked at Cerner full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, decent benefits. If you do decide to work at this place, make sure you ask for top-dollar. They will pay it.

Cons

Horrid work/life balance. Very unprofessional and inexperienced management. Very antiquated processes. Bizzare "Banding" process and evaluation based on overtime hours, not end results. Way to many chiefs and not enough indians. I was looking for the door after 6 weeks and I was a Sr. Manager.

Stop lying to new hires. Stop promoting unqualified people to exec positions and then ignoring what they do...they will kill your company in the long-run. When this company is bought-out by MSoft, Oracle, or some foreign entity, the company will be gutted and most management will be replaced by real professionals.

766 Other Employee Reviews for Cerner (View Most Recent)

Consultant

Former Employee - Consultant in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Consultant in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Cerner full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A very organized company with many resources at hand. Great opportunities for training and education

Cons

Very result oriented company and has too many managerial levels to deal with. Can not seem to get a good handle on management roles in employee's day to day activities

Try to be less of a manager and more of a co-worker which will provide many more experiences

No work life balance. Do not work here if you have kids. Cernerworks leadership sucks,

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Cerner full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, fun technology. Lots of opportunity to transfer within

Cons

75+ hour weeks are the norm. I have never worked less than a 60 hour week. Even during a slow time I will work 60 hours a week. Oncall is all the time. They cannot attract talented system engineers due to below industry pay and a horrible reputation within the IT community. They will lie to you about the hours just to get you onboard.

Give us a break. Let us leave work at work Dont make me miss my daughters birthday to satisfy an arbitrary deadline. Clean house at the director level and above across cernerworks.

There are newer employer reviews for Cerner