Truly innovative

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Cerner full-time for less than a year

Pros

1) Cerner is definitely dedicated to the improvement of health care systems, which makes any job related to IP dev rewarding.
2) Training is heavily invested in. New associates aren't expected to know every single detail when brought on.
3) Cerner has an approach of hiring as much talent as they can, as opposed to squeezing every last bit out of existing employees. While projects can become a bit overwhelming, new hires and consultants are being brought on every week to help.
4) They really do invest a ton of time in testing code, which is nice because if you make a mistake, it will almost always get caught before going to production.

Cons

1) Parking for new hires is pretty bad.
2) Management can be unorganized, with sudden changes happening to projects quite frequently.

Focus more on rewarding employees who deliver as opposed to those who have been with the company for years.

Other Reviews for Cerner

Cerner invests in their associates.

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Cerner full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work experience; highly intelligent associates; sr. leadership is visionary; the applications we build affect me, my family, and friends; leadership has invested time and energy into my career growth; great benefits (I walk downstairs to go to the clinic & pharmacy).

Cons

Cerner is growing very fast and we are experiencing physical growing pains with parking and seating challenges. But that's a good problem to have!

Good Job, good company, GREAT stock

Former Employee - Test Analyst  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Test Analyst in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Cerner full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As long as you are ambitious, committed, and have one of the good managers Cerner is a good place to work. It's not a place for anyone who just wants a 'job' . You have to care.

Cons

Sometimes there are log hours, but what company doesn't have long hours these days.

Continue trying to make things better.

There are newer employer reviews for Cerner.

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!