Cerner

There are newer employer reviews for Cerner

Summer Internship at Cerner

Former Employee - Velocity Software Engineer Intern in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Velocity Software Engineer Intern in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Cerner as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

-I learned a lot about the different tools and processes of Agile development by working in a software development team
-People were friendly and helpful
-Free stuff. I got a T-shirt, a laptop bag, a hoodie, a notepad + pen, and unlimited coffee while at work
-Employee discounts on certain items

Cons

I have no big cons, only a few minor things:
-Sometimes parking was in short supply
-The commute from the UMKC dorms where the interns were staying to the Cerner Innovation Campus was kind of long

796 Other Employee Reviews for Cerner (View Most Recent)

Truly innovative

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Cerner full-time (less than a year)

Pros

1) Cerner is definitely dedicated to the improvement of health care systems, which makes any job related to IP dev rewarding.
    2) Training is heavily invested in. New associates aren't expected to know every single detail when brought on.
    3) Cerner has an approach of hiring as much talent as they can, as opposed to squeezing every last bit out of existing employees. While projects can become a bit overwhelming, new hires and consultants are being brought on every week to help.
    4) They really do invest a ton of time in testing code, which is nice because if you make a mistake, it will almost always get caught before going to production.

Cons

1) Parking for new hires is pretty bad.
    2) Management can be unorganized, with sudden changes happening to projects quite frequently.

Focus more on rewarding employees who deliver as opposed to those who have been with the company for years.

Cerner invests in their associates.

Current Employee - Program Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Cerner full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work experience; highly intelligent associates; sr. leadership is visionary; the applications we build affect me, my family, and friends; leadership has invested time and energy into my career growth; great benefits (I walk downstairs to go to the clinic & pharmacy).

Cons

Cerner is growing very fast and we are experiencing physical growing pains with parking and seating challenges. But that's a good problem to have!

There are newer employer reviews for Cerner