Invaluable experience and exposure

Former Employee - Velocity Business Consultant Intern  in  Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Velocity Business Consultant Intern in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Cerner full-time for more than a year

Pros

The corporate culture is unique and relaxed, while still maintaining a professional and innovative attitude. Jeans are appropriate attire at all Kansas City locations, and working from home is a reasonable and common occurrence.

Cons

I have heard from co-workers that they experienced an overwhelming amount of work assigned to them for an entry-level role, but I personally have never felt overwhelmed by the tasks assigned. My managers always went out of their way to ensure I was on track and were always willing to re-adjust my schedule if need be.

Other Reviews for Cerner

Summer Internship at Cerner

Former Employee - Velocity Software Engineer Intern  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Velocity Software Engineer Intern in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Cerner as an intern for less than a year

Pros

-I learned a lot about the different tools and processes of Agile development by working in a software development team
    -People were friendly and helpful
    -Free stuff. I got a T-shirt, a laptop bag, a hoodie, a notepad + pen, and unlimited coffee while at work
    -Employee discounts on certain items

Cons

I have no big cons, only a few minor things:
    -Sometimes parking was in short supply
    -The commute from the UMKC dorms where the interns were staying to the Cerner Innovation Campus was kind of long

Healthcare innovation and disruption

I worked at Cerner full-time

Pros

Great people, aggressively innovative, great vision and motivated culture, comprehensive approach to building the patient centric electronic health record, poised for growth - constantly focuses on "what's next".

Cons

A bit too focused on cost control and profit margins instead of using it's tremendous cash reserves to expand its reach and influence into new areas. Does not seem to value older associates with experience.

Don't give up on the legacy applications. There is a lot of innovation left in the electronic record.

There are newer employer reviews for Cerner.

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!