Cerner

www.cerner.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cerner

Long hours. Unappreciated effort.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Cerner full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay was decent. A few good employees. A good place for entry-level college grads who can be "programmed" into the Cerner way of thinking.

Cons

Benefits were sub-par. Hours expected to work were ridiculous. 65-70 hours weeks were not uncommon. Constant firedrills due to management's lack of direction. Unfortunately management didn't recognize any suggestions for improvement other than their own. Seemed company had a knack of hiring people that were either inexperienced or incompetent. It was obvious a lot of people were just there for a paycheck. Somehow they managed to keep their jobs. The good employees only stayed for a year or two then left the company. This was by far the most poorly managed, unorganized, dysfunctional place I've ever worked.

Do something, anything, to keep good employees. And for God's sake, be serious when you give your "work/life balance" propaganda speeches.

796 Other Employee Reviews for Cerner (View Most Recent)

Learning curve

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Cerner full-time (less than a year)

Pros

lot of technologies to work in .

Cons

location is not so good.

Invaluable experience and exposure

Former Employee - Velocity Business Consultant Intern in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Velocity Business Consultant Intern in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Cerner full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The corporate culture is unique and relaxed, while still maintaining a professional and innovative attitude. Jeans are appropriate attire at all Kansas City locations, and working from home is a reasonable and common occurrence.

Cons

I have heard from co-workers that they experienced an overwhelming amount of work assigned to them for an entry-level role, but I personally have never felt overwhelmed by the tasks assigned. My managers always went out of their way to ensure I was on track and were always willing to re-adjust my schedule if need be.

There are newer employer reviews for Cerner