There are teams at Cerner for any technology that you are interested in. I got the best I wanted.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Cerner full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome place to start your career with. Easily makes you a strong design-oriented developer from a fresh-out-of-school programmer.

Cons

Low flexibility in terms of office locations. You are strongly bound to the same city because all the campuses are located inside kansas ciity..

Other Reviews for Cerner

Pleasant, informative, exciting.

Former Employee - Accountant  in  Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Accountant in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Cerner full-time for less than a year

Pros

You had a lot of autonomy. Not a lot of micromanagement. At least on my team I was free to take care of my tasks and responsibilities and my manager and team members were there to help when I had questions or couldn't come up with a solution on my own.

Cons

Certain time periods required a large amount of overtime, even reaching 60-70 hours a week, while no added benefits or compensation was provided over other employees who were not working the intense overtime hours.

Really excited to continue my career here

I have been working at Cerner

Pros

Great Benefits, good pay, great co workers, successful stock, World Head Quarters in my home town, global company with the oppurtunity to travel to new places, and the flexability to work from home at times.

Cons

It's a very large company which can be overwhelming at times, It's hard to explain to others what i do, and most of our clients require some travel to visit.

Be careful not to overlook post graduate education or overvalue 10+ years within the same company. New ideas or experience can be helpful

There are newer employer reviews for Cerner.

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!