Cerner

www.cerner.com

Cerner took my career to a level I was not even able to imagine a year prior.

Solution Delivery Consultant (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsCerner takes a genuine interest in their employees and their families (work/life balance is important). The extensive training Cerner invests in their employees in top notch and really prepares the employees to give the best service to their Clients. Cerner participates and gives back to the community and encourages employees and their families to do so as well. Cerner has a Health Clinic right on campus to minimize the time employees need to be out of work; encourages preventive care and a healthy lifestyle. The on campus cafeteria is like going to a 5 star restaurant with McDonald prices; foods from vegan, seafood, homestyle, etc and fresh made to order everyday. There is an on campus gym, fitness center, pool, raquetball courts etc. since they encourage their employees to reduce stress with physical fitness; a healthy body is a healthy mind and ultimately benefits the Clients.

ConsThe area I was in was consulting and the weeks on the road tend to take a toll after a while; often expected to teach classes, hold knowledge transfers etc on Fridays after being on the road catering to the Client for 50-60 hours Monday through Thursday. I expected pay increases more often or at least when they came around to be a larger percentage. The pay increases where based on the Corporation as a whole and not necessarily the venue in which the employee worked and their participation in the profits.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the family atmosphere and continue to include the employees and their families in the philanthropy. When an employee is paid on salary, refer back to their actual hours worked for the Client and in house with knowledge transfers...don't assume it's a typical 40 hour week.

I have enjoyed my time there.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Cerner full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Work and life balance. Empowered. Cons: Some stress but quite manageable. Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Development in achieving your goals personally and for the company

I have been working at Cerner full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Management team understands the desire for movement within the company… Cons: Biggest challenge is learning by doing is the best way to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Cerner.

Worked for Cerner? Contribute to the Community!