CertainTeed

www.certainteed.com

Difficult evolution moving towards sustainability, finally begins to show results.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Athens, GA

ProsThe dedication and experience of the plant personnel has managed to keep the operation running. New technology and expansion to new markets makes this a very dynamic place to work.

ConsThe largest problem that all the manufacturing facilities face is with turn over. This is an aging workforce and much of the knowledge is close to retiring. In addition, the experienced and technically competent that support the organization are leaving as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe need for more Technical resources has placed a strangle hold on the Operations teams. This has often made it difficult for the operations group to resolve complex issues.

In the best of times it was great, but when poor leadership entered the door...the employee morale dropped.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Valley Forge, PA

I worked at CertainTeed

Pros: Benefits Stability 401K Cafeteria onsite Occasional wellness programs Cons: Politics Poor Leadership Lack of Advancement Based on Skill & qualifications Advice to Senior Management: As leadership roles in IT, etc move to Saint-Gobain, CertainTeed… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

No communication at all.

Fabricator (Current Employee) McPherson, KS

I have been working at CertainTeed

Pros: Benefits are pretty good and the pay is above average I… Cons: Long hours, a lot of dust in the building, the roof leaks and… Advice to Senior Management: They need to communicate more with the employees, and show some respect for us and our feelings. They need to… More

There are newer reviews on CertainTeed.

Worked for CertainTeed? Contribute to the Community!