Work at Home Interpreter

Current Employee - Interpreter  in  Portland, OR
Current Employee - Interpreter in Portland, OR

I have been working at Certified Languages Int'l full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working from home in PJs
Great hourly rate
No commitment feel-you speak with management only if you need something.
They always send you a Holiday card.

Cons

No guarantee you will get calls.
Sometimes no calls for a whole 48hrs.
No career opportunities for interpreters.

Why not hire from within. Why not let your more senior long standing interpreters grow in the industry.

Other Reviews for Certified Languages Int'l

Good job before you enter into a career

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Portland, OR

I worked at Certified Languages Int'l full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was in the call center and I really did enjoy working here. I was there for years. Working with the interpreters was fun and overall, the employees had a pretty amazing relationship with few hiccups. The hiccups were appropriately dealt with too. I started part-time and was went full-time and they were very flexible with my school, like if i needed a day off for finals. HR is amazing, IT guy is great, the owner is super outgoing and friendly. Good benefits for qualifying employees. The 401k is employer matched up to a percentage, offered healthcare and dental. Pay is fair and when I was there, there was a pretty good bonus system.

Cons

Very scheduled, because it has to be. All lunches and breaks are meticulously scheduled because it's just that kind of job that required it. It's not necessarily a con as much as it is necessary. You don't be making your own hours is all. Not an ideal place for career growth as there just isn't anywhere to grow into thought the job security if good because they are growing.

Good for work at home

Current Employee - Interpreter
    Current Employee - Interpreter

I have been working at Certified Languages Int'l part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

work from home, no car expenses, no clothing expenses, you work whenever you want and don't have to let them know when you get connected to the system. This job is ideal for moms without small kids and home bodies.

Cons

self employment, no benefits, no guarantee of calls. It gets lonely sometimes. You never meet your co-workers.

make us employees

There are newer employer reviews for Certified Languages Int'l.

Worked for Certified Languages Int'l? Contribute to the Community!