Certona
www.certona.com Del Mar, CA 50 to 149 Employees

Hard to keep anyone with a good skill set

I have been working at Certona full-time

ProsLanding a position here was easy. Now that we are renting space under Kyocera we have more than one bathroom and it gets cleaned daily. Thanks Kyocera for the janitorial services.

Benefits are very good and inline with bigger companies.

A good opportunity for anyone getting back into the work force.

ConsWe can not keep employees with good skills. They work here for a few months to a year and seem to move on.

Many of the current employees are burnt out and very unhappy. I am one of them. We are unhappy because management is so disconnected. Direction within is very poor. We are often short with our coworkers and don't like to help or share knowledge. This may be a big factor in the high turn over.

The CEO and a few of the management don't even respect the newly hired Vice President of Engineering. But I am learning why unless its just rubbing off from management.

We do work many hours and don't get holidays off. But we are tied to the E commerce business so this is expected. Forget family life if you have one.

This is a family owned and run business. They hire their own family members in good positions when they are not qualified.

Management is disconnected.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe professional! We are looking at you all the time, and if we have poor leadership, how can you expect us to be any better?

If you choose the right people and enable them to spread their wings with a good compensation carrot at the back end of it, you'll have better employees to help take Certona to the next step.

Someone left the review "Advice to Senior Management – Sometimes managers can't be friends with employees, when there is a serious problem you must take care of it" I can honestly see why this person feels this way.

The BEST company I have ever worked for.

Account Manager (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Certona full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great management! Great employees! Excellent compensation package and working conditions. The culture is employee-centric. That attitude comes directly from the CEO. He… Cons: If anything, it is the typical issues that face any fast growing company. For example, technology develops faster than we can develop internal training… Advice to Senior Management: Keep on doing what you are doing. Don't rehire the person that gave the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Most employees were good / fair, there were a few that were untrustworthy, sneaky and lied to get thier way.

Operations (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Certona

Pros: Flexible with taking time off. If you dont care about work… Cons: One person in particular will intentionally leave you out of meetings then make fun of you when you dont know about those subjects...One story I… Advice to Senior Management: Sometimes managers can't be friends with employees, when there is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Certona.

Worked for Certona? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Certona reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Certona CEO Meyar Sheik. All reviews posted anonymously by Certona employees.