There are newer employer reviews for ChaCha

It was fine for some extra money

Current Employee - Guide
Current Employee - Guide

I have been working at ChaCha

Pros

You can work whenever you want and you can make up to $15 an hour if you can type quickly

Cons

There is very little downtime if you want to make a lot of money and they sometimes get picky with the answer or the link

Advice to Management

The leadership should really decide to change that top Guide thing so it is just a bonus and not affect the amount of money you make so much

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. randomly horrible and underpaid

Current Employee - Expeditor
    Current Employee - Expeditor

I have been working at ChaCha

Pros

the only pro is they'll hire almost anyone. the pay me now card allows you to be paid whenever although you must pay $2 to cash out.

Cons

It takes forever to make money on this site. I can be logged in an hour and make a dollar or less. The most I've ever made in an hour was four bucks. they have "quality control" that they use to prevent you from just giving any answer. they use this to cheat you out of contest money also. I haven't been flagged in months, but this week my answers were flagged about 4x. A customer asked for a site, and I gave him the answer plus url. Headquarters replies to me I have been penalized for sending the url when a customer didn't ask for it although the customer specifically asked for the site. I used a PAQ (an answer already typed) and guides are not supposed to be penalized for these (grammar, wording) unless the answer is incorrect. I have been getting little ironic messages like this all week. I was penalized for clarifying a query about a person whose name rhymed with a famous person. I was sent a message "just send it on if it is a celebrity but if you aren't sure then clarify" yet I was penalized when I clarified. They do this because if you get 100% quality rating they'll have to pay you $7-8 more for the week according to their little "epic" contest. I don't have time for your mind games. I am flagged heavily when they have a surplus of workers, but when they don't they flag like crazy. I'd appreciate being flagged when I am wrong whenever, but when I am in the right don't flag me for some bs reason. Getting paid $1 an hour and having to pay taxes on this job is not worth it. I am cashing out. there are more ways to earn. they keep raising their standards and cutting your pay. then you have some guides who are half way up headquarters' butts and talk down to any guide who complains about the horrible condition. when chacha is caught lying to their guides those brown nosers always comes to its rescue "chacha has been so good to me. it is a choice to work here. you can just leave if you're unhappy.' guess what? it is a choice to work anywhere. does that mean all bosses should have the right to lie and treat their employees like crap? this company is worth hundreds of millions of dollars, they pay per question answered, they don't pay for your computer, office equipment or your taxes/social security. they are money hungry and I wish I never heard of them. they had expeditors setting up questions for a role they were designing to cut expeditor work which is sick. the new role pays HALF a cent per question. it is vetter. they can't even make 2 bucks an hour. they automatically switched some expeditors to this role and they can't switch back. i'd just quit rather than answer 200 questions for one buck. 50 for one buck is bad enough!

Advice to Management

higher pay you greedy scoundrels.

2. If you like to look for information online and are fast and accurate, you can make some money

Former Employee - Guide
    Former Employee - Guide

I worked at ChaCha

Pros

Super flexible schedule and some incentives. Training is constantly available. The forum is invaluable for guide help and downtime fun.

Cons

Some downtime or slow periods. Pay is not awesome-you have to be online for a long time to make decent money, but it's possible.

Advice to Management

Continue being open and supportive to the guides. More training please and carry on with the incentives and bonuses! More please!