Not what I had expected.

I have been working at ChaCha

Pros

-Working for ChaCha is online, so you can do it from home -There's a huge amount of tipsheets and videos to help you learn the ropes. -You recieve weekly emails giving you your work performance. -Good employee relations, fully accessible employee forum.

Cons

-Payment is only 3 cents per question, so it takes hours of work for average pay. -You are given no schedule, which makes it hard to work as much as you need.

Advice to Management

I personally think questions should be worth more than three cents per question, and also, I think that the new interface for expediting should be introduced already.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Fun yet challenging.

I have been working at ChaCha

Pros

You get to make your own hours, work when you feel like it, get to answer funny questions, and help people.

Cons

It's hard to hit the actual pay out, it doesn't pay very much per question, and some of the questions can be hard to answer.

Advice to Management

I think they're doing a great job, I just wish they would monitor the answers better. I've asked ChaCha questions before and have gotten answers that were completely and totally off despite giving details.

You know you've hit rock bottom when 0.02 cents per question is good enough for you.

I have been working at ChaCha

Pros

You get to set your own schedule. You can work any number of hours you want, or go for days or even a week without ever logging on. Very flexible.

Cons

Even on my best days when I'm focused and alert and answering questions as fast as possible, the most money I make is somewhere between $2 and $3 per hour. Using ChaCha as a service ensures you'll get a generic, pre-written response that often has nothing to do with your question, because most employees get to a point where they quickly realise the only way to make any kind of money with ChaCha is to not even bother reading the questions. To just fire out the first pre-written response that pops up.

Advice to Management

ChaCha needs to pay their employees better, otherwise they risk their company becoming obsolete from the simple fact that no one will bother using it anymore.