Not what I had expected.

I have been working at ChaCha

Pros

-Working for ChaCha is online, so you can do it from home
-There's a huge amount of tipsheets and videos to help you learn the ropes.
-You recieve weekly emails giving you your work performance.
-Good employee relations, fully accessible employee forum.

Cons

-Payment is only 3 cents per question, so it takes hours of work for average pay.
-You are given no schedule, which makes it hard to work as much as you need.

Advice to Management

I personally think questions should be worth more than three cents per question, and also, I think that the new interface for expediting should be introduced already.

reviews filtered by
  1. Fun yet challenging.

I have been working at ChaCha

Pros

You get to make your own hours, work when you feel like it, get to answer funny questions, and help people.

Cons

It's hard to hit the actual pay out, it doesn't pay very much per question, and some of the questions can be hard to answer.

Advice to Management

I think they're doing a great job, I just wish they would monitor the answers better. I've asked ChaCha questions before and have gotten answers that were completely and totally off despite giving details.

2. I was given an opportunity to work when and where I wanted and earn extra money to pay my bills and support my lifestyle

I have been working at ChaCha

Pros

ChaCha gives it's employees a unique opportunity to work from home at any time - there is no strict or set schedule that must be adhered to. I am able to work 40 hours in a week if I want and then not work at all for a month - it is entirely up to me. This flexibility is wonderful for busy students or parents.

Cons

The compensation is truly not much. Working as quickly as possible and focusing intensely will yield an hourly pay of less than minimum wage...Although the benefits may outweigh this con, it is still a serious issue.

Advice to Management

Compensate your guides better. Even an increase of one or two cents of compensation per question would do a lot to improve maintenance of relationships with employees.