Challenger Motor Freight
www.challenger.com Cambridge, Canada 1000 to 5000 Employees

Excellent Job, cool people. Always look forward to going in to work ;-)

Long Haul Truck Driver (Current Employee)
Dorval, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Challenger Motor Freight

Pros- Great team to work with.
- Management are excellent to work with. Very open to communication. Very understanding.
- Great benefits and pay. Nothing to complain there.
- Always get the avg amount of miles per week or more.
- Many helpful departments and cool staff.
- Nice equipment, nice trucks.
- Awesome terminals, showers, laundry rooms, living rooms, cafeteria's.
- Dispatcher's are awesome. Can't ask for a better team of cool people.
- Treated with respect. It goes both ways. Do not forget that!
- They care. Especially If you have a family and kids. Thanks guys!

Cons- I'm thinking...
- To be honest, I have only worked for one transport company in my life. This one. Cannot compare to other companies..
- Trucks are not equipped with generator's. This is the only thing I dislike. I would love to have a generator to reduce Idling for A/C. For heat, we have bunk heaters.

Advice to Senior ManagementPunish the workers who constantly refuse loads or dispatch, the ones who complain all the time and have all sorts of excuses. The drivers who cause problems for management. The ones who think they are their own boss. Get rid of the very bad apples.
Compensate the hard workers. The ones who do a good job, who never say no unless they have a really good reason. The ones who don't complain and respect management. The drivers that are honest and open.
Team work is key. ;-)

Good For New Drivers Experienced and O/O

Cambridge, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Challenger Motor Freight

Pros: Good training program for new drivers good customs department to get loads across border. Pay is competitive for… Cons: Forced dispatch, not a lot of extras for work that is performed. Change rules for different drivers. Push safety in the public but then when… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the driver and reduce the redundant and seems like never ending string of mangers and planner. Have worked for company's in the past… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Very good culture to learn transportation

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Challenger Motor Freight

Pros: Good business practices, fair review from department heads Cons: Mid management is not on the same page as seniors Advice to Senior Management: Check with the peoplr in the trenches Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Challenger Motor Freight.

Worked for Challenger Motor Freight? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Challenger Motor Freight reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Challenger Motor Freight CEO Dan Einwechter. All reviews posted anonymously by Challenger Motor Freight employees.