Challenger School

Problems at Challenger

Former Employee - Lunch Worker in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Lunch Worker in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Challenger School

Pros

Kids at Challenger do score well on tests, They are generally ahead of their public school peers and are well behaved.

Cons

Challenger does not accept feedback fro parents or staff. It is their way or the highway. There is a large turnover of staff. Teachers are not required to be certified and many are there for tuition breaks for their kids. Curriculum is set in stone and leaves little room for creativity.There are no extra programs such as band, sports, foreign language etc. Also Challenger;s founder is very right wing. She supports the Tea Party and the John Birch Society. During the last election the campuses were plastered with campaign adds for her candidates and teachers are required to write an essay on their views on America as part of the hiring process. What you say impacts the decision on whether you will be hired.. The political views trickle down to the classroom.

Allow more flexibiillty, expand curriculum, require certification, listen to parents and teachers and get politics out of the school. Teach kids to think, not what to think.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Challenger School (View Most Recent)

It's a very fun place to work, especially if you love kids.

Current Employee - Extended Teacher in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Extended Teacher in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Challenger School

Pros

The compensation is great, the benefits are irreplaceable, the management is very respectful and careful when speaking with me. I feel like I am a cherished employee; all they expect is honest, hard workers and the management will be very nice.

Cons

It's hard to think of some, but the con is that they have a book on behavior management and craft projects and they want you to do everything from the book...so sometimes when i want to just be creative with a craft its not possible because they want it from their book. Also if you read stories from home, they don't like that. Everything has to be the 'challenger way' which seems kind of rigid at times, but its not too bad.

none, they are great

My experience @ Challenger has made me a better person when dealing with the public

Current Employee - Opener, AM EC, Lunch Staff, PM EC Breaker, Closer, Lockup in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Challenger School

Pros

Learning the different ways that the students are taught, the students seem to be alittle smarter than public students.

Cons

That not everyone is willing to follow all the rules and to do what is expected of them.

If an employee is not doing whay is expected of them I feel like they should find another job.

There are newer employer reviews for Challenger School