Chamberlain College of Nursing

Too big too fast

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Chamberlain College of Nursing

Pros

The passion and expertise of the Chamberlain employees is excellent. Everyone was focused on creating an exceptional experience for students, and for surpassing academic standards.

Cons

The model for growth did not make sense. The pressure and strategy from DeVry's senior management for Chamberlain to expand to more markets was not realistic given the cost structure, competitive landscape, and regulatory hurdles. There are too many more affordable options for nursing students.

reviews filtered by
  1. Lots of great things, slow decision making and action from national management.

I worked at Chamberlain College of Nursing (more than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, the company was a great point for me and my position. There was a lot of growth from the time I started and to this day, it only seems to be improving. Lots of benefits and even occasional perk offers for multiple sources.

Cons

Depending on your area, lots of potential drama, delayed decision making, lack of communication per location and national management. Lots of areas of opportunity for improvement and cost savings to reduce student tuition.

Advice to Management

Don't only preach communication and "taking ownership", but also learn to practice it yourselves as that is where I saw a lot of lacking. By management, I directly call out "national" management and not so much local management.

Harrassment

Former Employee - Assistant Professor in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Assistant Professor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Chamberlain College of Nursing

Pros

Salary was decent and location

Cons

Previous instructor that was told "pass" my group through or "could" lose my job. Bullied and harassed by Phoenix campus leadership. Brought concerns to human resources and they did nothing. Went to ethics compliance and they td the campus dean who confronted me about making the compliant!! Harassed and forced to resign as was treated like a prisoner in a war camp! Should have realized issues when faculty turn over was high when started. So, nothing has changed!!?? Wow! Perspective faculty and students beware!!

Advice to Management

Watched out chamberlain senior management!! One day the state board will shut the program down for misconduct and gross academic falsification!! The media is paying attention to all the corrupt nursing schools!!

There are newer employer reviews for Chamberlain College of Nursing