Chamberlain College of Nursing

www.chamberlain.edu
  www.chamberlain.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Chamberlain College of Nursing

Overall, this is a good place to work and gain experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Chamberlain College of Nursing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

We are a growing company and we offer a good program to our students. It is easy to find the people that care about our students' needs and work with them. Most of the students are serious about being in school with us and getting a great education.

Cons

We can be a dysfunctional organization with too many inexperienced managers and faculty and admins that think they run the organization.

Stop promoting inexperienced employees without offering to train them first. Do not promote on favoritism but do what is best for the organization.
You have the funds to build new schools; try investing in your employees by having competitive salaries and bonuses based on merit.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Chamberlain College of Nursing (View Most Recent)

Too big too fast

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Chamberlain College of Nursing

Pros

The passion and expertise of the Chamberlain employees is excellent. Everyone was focused on creating an exceptional experience for students, and for surpassing academic standards.

Cons

The model for growth did not make sense. The pressure and strategy from DeVry's senior management for Chamberlain to expand to more markets was not realistic given the cost structure, competitive landscape, and regulatory hurdles. There are too many more affordable options for nursing students.

Enjoyed my time at Chamberlain

Former Employee - Federal Work Study Student Lab Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Federal Work Study Student Lab Assistant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Chamberlain College of Nursing part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed working with the Lab Specialist who were or are RN's on their specialty unit.

Cons

Challenge for me was balancing school, work and home life.

There are newer employer reviews for Chamberlain College of Nursing