Chandler Unified School District

There are newer employer reviews for Chandler Unified School District

Great Family Culture

Former Employee - Paraprofessional in Chandler, AZ
Former Employee - Paraprofessional in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Chandler Unified School District full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Central office cares about employees
Strong financial school district
Well maintained schools

Cons

Gossip about other staff's personal lives

Increase use of Teaching Intern program to attract mid-life career changers to education

10 Other Employee Reviews for Chandler Unified School District (View Most Recent)

Stable as far as AZ goes

Current Employee - Teacher in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Teacher in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Chandler Unified School District full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Dedicated staff, supportive board and superintendent. Great community, clean, new schools. Excellent resources available and decent district training opportunities

Cons

Located in the state of AZ, funding is abysmal. In the last 5 years I have seen my pay decrease as a result in cuts to special programs and revenue. Salary was restructured, very little opportunity to advance through hard work

Pay the best teachers more so you can retain the nest

Not bad when school is in session and able to get OT.

Current Employee - School Bus Driver in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - School Bus Driver in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Chandler Unified School District

Pros

9 weeks on and 2 weeks off.
    Flexible schedule, you can choose a very short route (4 hrs/day) or a longer route (7 hrs/day) or you can set your own schedule by just doing trips. If you are retired or have other source of income this can be a great supplemental job. Lots of holidays.

Cons

No opportunity to advance unless you do your share of brown-nosing. Management does not reward outstanding performance by employees (i.e. "employee of the week" is a name drawn from a hat, literally), why not actually reward employees for a job well done. 9 weeks on and 2 weeks off, unpaid. After 5-7 years when you have some senority you may be able to do a route or trips for the 12+/- weeks school is out during the year. Very little loyalty in management.

Be loyal. Reward outstanding behavior and treat all employees the same. Employees want to see you when caught doing something right not just when doing something wrong.

There are newer employer reviews for Chandler Unified School District