Chandler Unified School District

ww2.chandler.k12.az.us
There are newer employer reviews for Chandler Unified School District

Enjoyed my experience, but felt some dissatisfaction

Former Employee - Teacher in Chandler, AZ
Former Employee - Teacher in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Chandler Unified School District

Pros

Great benefits, nice classrooms, lots of teacher resources, great support from principals, the ability to work for one of the highest paying districts in the Phoenix area.

Cons

My experience with CUSD was very up and down. My first three years were great, but when the program I was working for was forced to close due to budget cuts, I was transferred to another location. There I felt as though I was a threat to many of the teachers who had been working there for sometime, and as though my opinion didn't matter. After having taught for ten years, and then being treated as though I was a brand new teacher, I felt frustrated and saddened. After a tough year of having to "prove myself" I was ready to leave the teaching field in search of something else.

Often times teachers become too comfortable in their positions and become negative or complacent. I feel strongly as though some encouragement to move around grade levels would be beneficial to all.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Chandler Unified School District (View Most Recent)

Good job for retired people and college students

Current Employee - School Bus Driver in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - School Bus Driver in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Chandler Unified School District

Pros

Pay for this position is on the higher scale for this type of job. Other bus drivers are generally pretty nice.

Cons

Split shift.... You work in the morning have to clock out and then work in the afternoon. There were no really full time positions. Not guaranteed 40hr unless you were admistrative.

Be more empathetic

good district but has some problems

I worked at Chandler Unified School District

Pros

Good academic ranking, good access to technology, adequate class room supplies

Cons

disappointing support from administration, sports (football) prioritized over academics

Support your teachers, it's good for morale. Cave to every parent's whim and watch as the good teachers leave.

There are newer employer reviews for Chandler Unified School District