Chanel
www.chanel.com Neuilly-sur-Seine, France 500 to 999 Employees

Smart people, good work-life balance, tiny office space

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
New York, NY

ProsThe people at Chanel USA are smart, talented and passionate about what they're doing. They love CHANEL and care about keeping it the best brand in the world. Especially when compared to other fashion and beauty companies, the people are friendly and welcoming to newcomers.

ConsThings move fairly slowly, since everyone is worried about being a "steward of the brand." Since it's headquartered in Paris, you have to wait for headquarters to get a lot of things done - which means sometimes projects get scuttled. Most of the offices are on W. 57th Street and 5th Avenue so there's no more room for people. Interns moving into a full-time position seemed like the exception here. They're happy to use free labor, but there's very little chance you'll become full-time.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a creative hub in the US to develop some campaigns for this market.

Luxury Standards for average pay

Retail Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Chanel full-time

Pros: Great creative innovation. Growth outpaces the industry. Marketing/visual campaigns and creative direction from France is strong. Privately held company allows for decision… Cons: Chanel tends to hire from outside the company, versus development, promotion and advancement. Work-life balance is not respected; this is a very… Advice to Senior Management: Goals and promotional budgets to support goals should be given at the beginning of the fiscal year- not halfway through. Give more opportunity to veteran… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

lead beauty advisor

Beauty Advisor/Freelancer (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at Chanel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: get to meet great people, free fragrance,makeup and discounts on clothes shoes bags and accessories if your cool with the people who work in the… Cons: long hours, stressed to make the quota, in constant competitions… Advice to Senior Management: i loved my manager still friends till this day Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Chanel.

Worked for Chanel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chanel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chanel CEO Maureen Chiquet. All reviews posted anonymously by Chanel employees.