There are newer employer reviews for ChannelAdvisor

Worthy of you consideration

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Sales Executive in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at ChannelAdvisor full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good Leadership - not perfect, but good. Approachable, open minded, and
Good Culture - expectations are high and I appreciate that. Fun place to work with driven achievers.
Good Compensation - probably the best sales compensation I've seen. Opportunity to far exceed your on-target earnings.
Good Oppty to move within the company on the Sales / Marketing side.

Cons

Lots to learn - this is a Suite of solutions, and it takes time - not sure that's a con. Consider it a good education.
Work - Life Balance - because of the above, you must learn to work smart.

41 Other Employee Reviews for ChannelAdvisor (View Most Recent)

Great top brass, horribly run sales department

Former Employee - Mid Market Sales Executive in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Mid Market Sales Executive in Morrisville, NC

I worked at ChannelAdvisor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

*Free food and beer often
    *People are funny and helpful if you fit in
    *Upper management VERY approachable and all around good people
    *Good income opportunity IF you can learn to sell "their way"
    *Great company to work for in any area except sales
    *Great managed services department
    *Most promotions done from within

Cons

So here's the deal with ChannelAdvisor. The software is great for those who know how to use it. And only for those who know how to use it and run enterprise level companies. Therefore if you are an enterprise sales person you are going to be okay because the majority of the time that size of company doesn't have time to sit there and fiddle with the software so they will hire CA's managed services. In my opinion CA should only be a managed services software company but in their quest to go public and be all things to all people they have the lower ranked salespeople peddling this software to people who (a) can't afford it and (b) won't be able to use it for quite awhile due to the learning curve.

How do they do that? By training salespeople to basically harass the crap out of any and all prospects and basically overpower them into signing a contract for a year. Salespeople are highly punished for anything less than a year contract so of course almost every new deal is a year contract. The problem is that for 25-50% of the year the customer won't even be able to use that software because they'll be training on it. So they have to set aside quite a long time to learn it and the 25% is generous and only if the customer devotes that time based on the trainer's schedule.

The salespeople who do the best are the ones who lie the best. I hit my goal approximately half the time I was there and that was solely due to the fact that I took on the tips of the managers and successful salespeople and got better at lying. The guilt eventually got to me as I was feeling worse and worse everytime I signed someone up for a contract and knew they were basically wasting $12,000-$20,000 of their hard earned money.

Great for people who don't have morals, horrible for those who do.

Realize your niche. This is not a mid-market solution. Going public will expose that.

Great management and atmosphere, professional environment - overall great experience

Current Employee - Campaign Manager
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager

I have been working at ChannelAdvisor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great atmosphere (can only speak of my department)
    fun team
    caring managers
    professional

Cons

career/growth opportunities in some departments are unclear
    focus often on quantity/growth rather than quality

define growth opportunities more clearly and be honest and communicate if there are non in some cases

There are newer employer reviews for ChannelAdvisor