Chaos Commerce

www.dailysteals.com
  www.dailysteals.com
There are newer employer reviews for Chaos Commerce

Would not ever want to work at a place like this again

Former Employee - Customer Service in Brooklyn, NY
Former Employee - Customer Service in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Chaos Commerce full-time (more than an year)

Pros

For the work at the start the pay is decent.

Cons

Management would rather talk down to customer service reps than offer a compliment.
Normal holidays are not really recognized.
All tiers of management are not really there to help.
Turn-over rate for customer service rep is incredible high.
Customer service reps are told to lie to customers.

All management need to be restructured to actual have the company grow instead of just squeezing out money of its customer.
Also offer REAL benefits and health plans to your employees.
Have actually values instead of just being money focused.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Chaos Commerce (View Most Recent)

Four months of misery

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Chaos Commerce full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pay was pretty good for what you have to go through.

Cons

- Customer service is a thankless job without any real help from upper management
    - The company culture is terrible, the only thing keeping employees' morale up is complaining about customers and getting drunk at the occasional office party
    - They blast the air conditioning, so you're basically freezing to death
    - No one in the other departments are helpful
    - Reps are encouraged to lie and generally be unhelpful.
    - High turnaround.
    - They target artsy/creative types that need a job, and exploit their desperation. If you found their ad in the Craigslist writing job section, there's a good reason for it.
    - They try to market themselves as a "Fun" company to work for, but it's sitting in front of a computer in a windowless room for hours on end.
    - I was in absolutely depressed for four months before they let me go. My life has improved since then.
    - Half hour lunch break, with two fifteen minute breaks after that. I'd rather just have an hour break. The line to the microwave is long, and if you're at the end of the line, you're either gonna have to eat cold food, or have five minutes to eat. That is, unless you have a kosher meal. Then you can use the Kosher microwave.
    - Speaking of, if you're gonna work for this company, you better know what all the Jewish Holidays are, because those are the holidays you get off.

Give customer service reps the tools they need to help customers.

Not for everyone

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Chaos Commerce full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Entry level customer service is worth the pay.. but inevitably they will try to give you extra heavy responsibility that makes the job hardly worth it, without giving any extra compensation. Be prepared to work on their time, not yours. This means all Jewish holidays are off (there are a lot), while normal holidays are not recognized. For example, we were told Thanksgiving was mandatory for customer service.. and on that day we were let off a little early as a "gift" to us (this was how it was presented anyways). Be prepared to work on Christmas Eve. Also, know that you will not receive the same treatment as those who work in other departments.. there were Jewish holidays when others (even non-Jewish employees) were let off early while CS was obligated to stay. Also, when customer service goes to lunch, all the tables are taken by other departments, leaving customer service to eat at their desks alone during the only substantial break. Basically, customer service is alienated from other departments and asked why they don't blend in with other departments. Mostly, though, be prepared to lie. The products sold are a joke and you'll see the same issues arise again and again. Reps are sent drafts to send to customers to cover up one of the endless mishaps. Provided that you actually want to solve an issue honestly, the other departments within the company are impossible to deal with.. so your left with your hands tied regardless. Overall, I found my time here to be wasteful but at least you get to listen to music and at least you get free coffee/tea.

Cons

You'll find your days to be repetitive with a hint of depression.

Take more of a REAL interest in your employee's concerns.

There are newer employer reviews for Chaos Commerce