There are newer employer reviews for Charfen Institute

The Charfen environment isn't for everyone.

Current Employee - Accounting Department in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Accounting Department in Austin, TX

I have been working at Charfen Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. They have a no gossip policy - so hateful, discouraging, toxic behavior isn't tolerated. It's seriously the most healthy environment ever.

2. It's true that there are a lot of metrics and time tracking which I did not like at first. I was paranoid that if I had an unproductive day I would be fired - but its not like that. It's just a way for you to stay focused. There is a lot expected from everyone, there is a high amount of accountability that is required - and the time tracking helps me keep distractions under control.

3. Best co-workers ever. The people there are awesome!!

4. Family is important. The Charfens and my manager care about my family and I don't feel torn between my job and being there for my kids and husband.

5. They offer tons of physical fitness incentives - monthly 5k's and free yoga classes. We all care about each other's health and fitness goals.

Cons

I realize this sounds very cliche' but I cant list one. I have been here a long time and the truth is - if you are looking for a job that is not challenging, if you don't like pressure, if you don't want to set goals or grow personally - this just isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Stay true the SIDES.

reviews filtered by

A challenging and rewarding opportunity for personal and professional growth.

Current Employee - Business Coach in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Business Coach in Austin, TX

I have been working at Charfen Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of individual attention from management aimed at developing employees. Managers show genuine interest in helping you achieve your goals, even those not work related.
    People are recognized for their achievements and there are very few office politics.
    They walk their talk when it comes to living by their core values.
    Collaborative team environment amongst really cool, driven people.
    It's easy to see the tangible effect of your work and the products provided are making a huge difference to the lives of the clients.

Cons

The big goals set here aren't easy to achieve and it takes a lot of work to reach them, which means long hours some times, but the results are worth it.
    Everyone is very driven here, and for those who are really competitive it can be difficult to stick out among all of the talent.
    I did take a reduction to salary to work here.

Best Place I've Worked... Easily.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Charfen Institute full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Comparing the Charfen Institute to other places I've worked would probably provide the most sound perspective, but with most of the company's methods of operation being unique in the literal sense, my experiences there have been mostly one of a kind.

Never have I worked for a company that makes sure its new employees are deliberately and purposefully welcomed into the fold and are properly trained. They make every effort to ensure a new hire's success by meeting with them regularly, and even go so far as to have company culture meetings (hosted by the CEO and founder) to help new employees navigate through their processes.

Never have I worked for a company that not only speaks about transparency, but practices it to the point of sharing their monthly revenue numbers with the entire staff. That reporting, by the way, includes profit, which the company shares with its employees.

Never have I worked for a company that communicates more with its employees, from daily company huddles and ongoing assessments of work, to bi-monthly one-on-one meetings and very clear definitions of what an employee's "wins" are.

The Charfen Institute is full of smart, friendly people who work hard, have a good time, and make the company quite a pleasant place to work.

You don't get to be chosen one of the best places to work in Austin without merit, and I can tell you from experience that the Charfen Institute earns its stripes.

Cons

If you consider an expectation of hard work to be a con, then it isn't the place for you.
    If you consider a fast paced environment a con, you may want to look elsewhere.
    If you're uncomfortable by challenging yourself to grow personally, as well as professionally, the Charfen Institute won't be your cup of tea.

Advice to Management

Stay true to your vision for the company, and the best employees will find their way to you.