Charles River Laboratories

www.criver.com

They treat you poorly, just like they do with their animals.

Animal Care Technician II (Current Employee) Wilmington, MA

ProsThe only really pro I would bother to mention is that I am 'required' to work so much overtime that my paycheck is a lot larger than I expect every week. It is great if you don't have friends, family, children, pets, or any other commitment in your life...

ConsDisrespect at every level, unfair work practices, punishing the hardest workers with additional work, forcing resignations of higher paid employees, disregard for animal welfare, constant threats, NO vacation time allowed (you have to come in regardless). Legally questionable labor practices. Worst place I have ever worked in my entire career.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees make the company run, hurting them is hurting the company. Your constant disregard of your own operating procedures and protocol will eventually catch up with you.

Terrible place to work

Animal Care Technician I (Current Employee) Reno, NV

I have been working at Charles River Laboratories

Pros: They actually have good pay and if they followed their own SOPs and guidelines good advancement opportunities. They treat the animals well because that… Cons: Unfair treatment of employees, supervisors are incompetent. I understand their hands are somewhat tied and they cant make a decision without corporate but why… Advice to Senior Management: Start from the top. You need new supervisors in ACS, Tech ops and Necropsy. Senior techs in ACS need to be let go… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Unprofessional, contradicting, disrespectful, misinforming upper management that engages in unethical work practices.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Charles River Laboratories

Pros: The pay and benefits are pretty good. Cons: Upper management does their best to suppress their workers by overloading them with too much work, discouraging taking breaks, saying you didn't meet their expectations… Advice to Senior Management: Instead of belittling your employees, value them. Listen to what they have to say. If the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Charles River Laboratories.

Worked for Charles River Laboratories? Contribute to the Community!