Charles River: A fulfilling place to work

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Wilmington, MA
Current Employee - Marketing in Wilmington, MA

I have been working at Charles River Laboratories full-time for more than a year

Pros

Charles River is a great company and employer. The management team has created a good foundation for positive results in our field and in the community. The amount of mentoring and guidance I have received allows me to excel in my personal and professional life. There is so much room for advancement. Charles River employees are provided with a healthy and encouraging work environment that I had not experienced until I started working here.

Charles River also provides a valuable service to the community through our research and development. By working for Charles River you feel like you are contributing towards a greater goal of helping people through curing diseases, even if you are not a scientist in one of our many labs around the world.

I feel that Charles River is a rewarding place to work and would highly recommend employment at Charles River to friends, relatives and colleagues.

Cons

I do not feel that there are cons to working at Charles River. As responsible employees we are encouraged to pave a path towards personal and professional growth.

My advice to the management team would be to continue to help employees strive to be their best. By all of us working towards common goals and objectives we can exceed expectations. I see a bright future for Charles River and appreciate having the chance to contribute towards such a dynamic organization.

Other Reviews for Charles River Laboratories

The pay is adequate and so are the benefits, not a bad place, just not for everyone.

Current Employee - Tech I  in  Portage, MI
    Current Employee - Tech I in Portage, MI

I have been working at Charles River Laboratories full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay. 8 holidays two floating. Out early Fridays.

Cons

Low start pay. Slow to give raises. No incentives for education. Wont work around a school schedule. Have to earn time off or repay if you leave before the end of the year.

Encourage education inside the company! Flexible schedules and less stress on improving time at each task. Quality does not mean speed. Too much management on too many unnecessary levels. Micro managing is so unnecessary. Everyone can do thier own job and if they cant they shouldnt be employees any longer.

They treat you poorly, just like they do with their animals.

Current Employee - Animal Care Technician II  in  Wilmington, MA
    Current Employee - Animal Care Technician II in Wilmington, MA

I have been working at Charles River Laboratories

Pros

The only really pro I would bother to mention is that I am 'required' to work so much overtime that my paycheck is a lot larger than I expect every week. It is great if you don't have friends, family, children, pets, or any other commitment in your life...

Cons

Disrespect at every level, unfair work practices, punishing the hardest workers with additional work, forcing resignations of higher paid employees, disregard for animal welfare, constant threats, NO vacation time allowed (you have to come in regardless). Legally questionable labor practices. Worst place I have ever worked in my entire career.

Your employees make the company run, hurting them is hurting the company. Your constant disregard of your own operating procedures and protocol will eventually catch up with you.

There are newer employer reviews for Charles River Laboratories.

Worked for Charles River Laboratories? Contribute to the Community!