There are newer employer reviews for Charles River Laboratories

One Charles River

I have been working at Charles River Laboratories full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Even though Charles River is a global organization, there is a lot of emphasis on team work from site to site. Many of my colleagues that I interact with on a daily basis are all over the world (Canada, Europe, Asia, in the US but outside of Massachusetts) but we still work well as a team and support each other to achieve our goals. As a member of the marketing department, I have the pleasure of working with a variety of different groups within the company including operations, sales and the scientific staff. There is also a lot of room for growth within the company. I have seen a lot of my colleagues grow and move between departments when opportunities arise. The company does a great job of retaining employees.

Cons

It can be difficult at times to find a work life balance as the company expects more from its employees without increasing resources. However, this is not unique to Charles River, but a trend across industries and corporations.

Continue to encourage employees with positive reinforcement when deserved. It can really boost moral and create increaseed productivity.

94 Other Employee Reviews for Charles River Laboratories (View Most Recent)

Good entry level but no growth opportunities.

Former Employee - Research Assistant  in  Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Research Assistant in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Charles River Laboratories full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Over-time was limited so good work balance.

Cons

No professional growth opportunities, inexperienced management, departments don't work well together.

Good company in an unstable industry

Former Employee - Manager  in  Wilmington, MA
    Former Employee - Manager in Wilmington, MA

I worked at Charles River Laboratories full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very structured, provides continuous training and support to employees. Lots of really nice people in the company with long tenure.

Cons

Too many Directors, VPs, so confusing.
    Company is too big, hard to get noticed for the extra efforts
    Not much room for growth if you don't have an an advanced degree

Bring back the old culture that CRL onced had. A lot of good employees left due to change in management especially when the company started laying off people from different business segments.

There are newer employer reviews for Charles River Laboratories

Worked for Charles River Laboratories? Contribute to the Community!