So Much Opportunity

Current Employee - Client Service Specialist
Current Employee - Client Service Specialist

I have been working at Charles Schwab

Pros

Very laid back office atmosphere, relaxed dress code, flexible hours, intelligent management, career advancement opportunities, etc. The company also pays for pursuing industry designations and is great about making sure there are enough sponsored events to keep up with CE credit requirements for those designations. They are very good about keeping you informed of your progress and I've experienced a very "open door" type atmosphere.

Cons

Compared to the same position at other companies, the salary isn't the greatest but there are other things that make up for it in the benefits package. I did come from a much smaller company so the bureaucracy aspect took some getting use to. Even the slightest changes require a long time to implement and that can be frustrating; however, overall there isn't much negative I have to say about Schwab. I've been here for about a year and it's been fantastic.

Other Reviews for Charles Schwab

Great way to get started

Current Employee - Registered Representative II
    Current Employee - Registered Representative II

I have been working at Charles Schwab

Pros

Great culture with opportunities for additional education

Cons

Not a lot of advancement opportunities

The cleanest place in a dirty industry

I have been working at Charles Schwab

Pros

Company is committed to the client and to doing the right thing
    You are not forced to sell any products to the clients, unless you are a branch financial consultant. Even then, anything you are "selling" is only if it is in the best interests of the client.

Cons

Unless you want to work in the branch, you are severely limited in locations you can live and work in

There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab.

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!