There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab

A good place to make a pay check

I worked at Charles Schwab

Pros

Local teams and branches work very well together

Cons

Very political and favored towards corporate employees - not so much in the branches

Advice to Management

Listen more to junior employees

reviews filtered by

It was a long run, but direction has changed and politics and bullying have won...I'm gone

I have been working at Charles Schwab

Pros

great products and services
    wonderful clients
    fantastic peers

Cons

Lost its direction
    Management is top heavy and deaf to what we are saying
    If you disagree with the direction; keep your mouth shut. Get rid of longer term employees because your manager said so.
    Popular? This is the firm for you...if you have an opinion, go somewhere else.

Advice to Management

If you really wanted to find out what was going on, send a mystery employee in. Multiple bosses in multiple years and multipled directional changes. The firm is amazing and could be so much better but ideas do NOT get floated. The opinion of middle managers is taken over the client facing employee and after so many years it is time for a new view. I challenge you but don't expect a change...This is not the Chuck I know or want to be associated with. I am tired, my peers are tired, we have had a hiring freeze for 9 months and was told we are doing exceptionally well given the enviroment. We have been understaffed, told to get rid of underperformers (stank rankings DON"T WORK) and finally when you have driven enough people away, you find out we are going TO GROW...SERIOUSLY?? This firm was built on the backs of really talented people that a majority are no loinger here because of power hungry individuals with a personal agenda...Good luck Walt, It may say Chanrles Schwab on the outside, but it feels like a Boiler Room on the inside...

2. The pay is fair and the experience is great.

Current Employee - Portfolio Consultant
    Current Employee - Portfolio Consultant

I have been working at Charles Schwab

Pros

Fair Pay, Good Management and friendly work environment. Even the call center employees seem content. Overall a good place to work.

Cons

No Investment Bank to advance to if one wants to go that route. On the sales side the pay seems to be capped.

Advice to Management

Management is doing a good job overall. Reasonable hours and reasonable pay for someone who wants a balanced life. No suggestions.