There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab

Good Company, but can improve.

Current Employee - Registered Representative in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Registered Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-I work with very smart people that I actually like, in fact, in 2.5 years I have not met 1 person at Schwab whom I disliked. Not something I've ever been able to say. -I think that management really cares about the employees. There is an Employee Appreciation Week. I've never heard of this anywhere else. -Board members and upper management actually goes into the branches and call centers to see what's going on. I've actually met the Executive Vice President over my department. -If you are willing to work hard and network and reach out to people that can help you, you can advance to higher positions. If you don't, then you will probably stay in the same position for years.

Cons

-Pay could be much better. -Branch reps and FC's are not held to the same standards that brokers in the call centers are, yet are almost always paid more. It seems like I am often apologizing for an FC that doesn't return a phone call or processes a client's paperwork slowly. Most of the time brokers in the call centers place the FC's trades because we work on a recorded line. Therefore some FC's don't seem to know a lot about trading.

Advice to Management

-Pay employees more or at least make the salaries for the call center brokers more equitable to the FC salaries. It's really not fair to give an FC a good bonus to open an account, when a call center broker just gets a high five.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great company to work for!

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great compensation, great benefits, excellent values and respect for the employee.

Cons

Challenging work/life balance at Director level and above.

Advice to Management

Remember than money isn't the only thing people value. Time with their loved ones without being glued to the blackberry is important too.

2. Good company depending on department and position

Former Employee - Managing Director in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Managing Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

good benefits and salary interesting projects

Cons

excessive reorgs stall productivity branch sales goals work against schwab adviser services (direct competition)

Advice to Management

clarify the difference in objectives between retail and institutional goals for optimal productivity