There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab

Great company to work for!

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst  in  Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great compensation, great benefits, excellent values and respect for the employee.

Cons

Challenging work/life balance at Director level and above.

Remember than money isn't the only thing people value. Time with their loved ones without being glued to the blackberry is important too.

853 Other Employee Reviews for Charles Schwab (View Most Recent)

Good Company, but can improve.

Current Employee - Registered Representative  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Registered Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time for more than a year

Pros

-I work with very smart people that I actually like, in fact, in 2.5 years I have not met 1 person at Schwab whom I disliked. Not something I've ever been able to say.
    -I think that management really cares about the employees. There is an Employee Appreciation Week. I've never heard of this anywhere else.
    -Board members and upper management actually goes into the branches and call centers to see what's going on. I've actually met the Executive Vice President over my department.
    -If you are willing to work hard and network and reach out to people that can help you, you can advance to higher positions. If you don't, then you will probably stay in the same position for years.

Cons

-Pay could be much better.
    -Branch reps and FC's are not held to the same standards that brokers in the call centers are, yet are almost always paid more. It seems like I am often apologizing for an FC that doesn't return a phone call or processes a client's paperwork slowly. Most of the time brokers in the call centers place the FC's trades because we work on a recorded line. Therefore some FC's don't seem to know a lot about trading.

-Pay employees more or at least make the salaries for the call center brokers more equitable to the FC salaries. It's really not fair to give an FC a good bonus to open an account, when a call center broker just gets a high five.

A good company that could be great

Current Employee - Senior Staff Technology Solutions  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Technology Solutions in Denver, CO

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great compensation, good benefits, opportunities to learn new technologies

Cons

Promotions are nearly non-existent and too much politics internally
    More transparency to employees needed

Get rid of all the overhead and redundant systems within the company. Create and promote internal promotion processes with the firm. Realize that decisions at upper MGT levels have a direct and long-term impact on your employees

There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!