Quality company

Current Employee - Creative Services in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Creative Services in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Competitive salaries in my field. Coworkers are nice people who care about their work and our clients. Cream rises to the top in a way that seems fair from my perspective (as someone who is in a fairly limited role in terms of mobility, by choice). Sabbatical every 5 years is the best benefit ever. You get out of the company as much as or as little as you give.

Cons

I understand call center jobs can be frustrating but I'm on the technology side. Things can move slowly due to the size of the company, regulatory requirements, and so forth. The acquisitions process is nightmarish, so if you need things that the rest of the herd doesn't in order to do your job, get ready for red tape.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the client focus message. Since we're all clients ourselves, it's pretty motivating.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good place to get lisicened and learn trading

Current Employee - Senior Registered Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Registered Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible shifts, get your series 7

Cons

Call center, not a lot of opportunities for personal interactions with clients

Good Company, but can improve.

Current Employee - Registered Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Registered Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-I work with very smart people that I actually like, in fact, in 2.5 years I have not met 1 person at Schwab whom I disliked. Not something I've ever been able to say.
    -I think that management really cares about the employees. There is an Employee Appreciation Week. I've never heard of this anywhere else.
    -Board members and upper management actually goes into the branches and call centers to see what's going on. I've actually met the Executive Vice President over my department.
    -If you are willing to work hard and network and reach out to people that can help you, you can advance to higher positions. If you don't, then you will probably stay in the same position for years.

Cons

-Pay could be much better.
    -Branch reps and FC's are not held to the same standards that brokers in the call centers are, yet are almost always paid more. It seems like I am often apologizing for an FC that doesn't return a phone call or processes a client's paperwork slowly. Most of the time brokers in the call centers place the FC's trades because we work on a recorded line. Therefore some FC's don't seem to know a lot about trading.

Advice to Management

-Pay employees more or at least make the salaries for the call center brokers more equitable to the FC salaries. It's really not fair to give an FC a good bonus to open an account, when a call center broker just gets a high five.