Charles Schwab

There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab

Sink or Swim

Former Employee - Client Service Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Client Service Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time (less than an year)

Pros

People are friendly and professional.

Cons

For an entry-level position into investments, dealing with client accounts and money, I would expect the training at Schwab to be more complete. My training was about two-weeks, with a different trainer almost every day, and the trainers didn't follow or utilize the training book as often as I would expect. By the time training was over, I didn't receive a lot of support, and felt like it was sink or swim for me.

Regardless of what role someone is being hired for, ensure to provide complete and detailed training.

903 Other Employee Reviews for Charles Schwab (View Most Recent)

Too nice, too slow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work-life balance.
    People are supportive and non-competitive.
    Great for those looking for non-challenging long-term career.
    Nice perks.

Cons

Passive-aggressive behaviors; no one says "no";
    IT infrastructure is a mess and Mac support is lacking. What is this, 2004?
    Marketing is not integrated and way behind the curve in terms of modern, social web.
    Inadequate support for user-centered design practices.
    Takes forever to get anything done because of so many layers and departments.

In terms of digital marketing, hire more fresh blood with solid digital agency experience. CS should be split into digital and non-digital groups.

Call center work, interesting but also a grind.

Former Employee - Registered Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Registered Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of training provided to help you acquire, learn and advance your skills and knowledge. Decent benefits, most of the people on your team are caring, hard working individuals.

Cons

You have to like being on the phone all day long. 50 - 100 calls per shift is average. Either you master their information retrieval software program or the frustration level can climb through the roof. Schwab needs to convert their trading software to a Windows platform; in its current form it's not intuitive and increases the possibility for brokers to make mistakes.

Despite Schwab's avowed purpose to be the leader in discount brokerage companies, company direction and policy at times seems to depend on which way the wind is blowing. Update and integrate your software to make it user friendly and more efficient; the job can be stressful enough without trying to work with 6 different software packages simultaneously.

There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab