There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab

Last one out, turn off the lights

Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Co-workers are great.... and well... co-workers are great. Schwab used to be a great place to work, however, the environment has certainly changed.

Cons

Pay is embarassing. Upper management is completely disconnected. The bulk of middle management are in the business of collecting checks, as opposed to working Human resources has no clue what skills are needed for financial services.. I honestly question where they find these people.

Advice to Management

Start from scratch. The entire E-board has run this company straight into the ground.

Other Employee Reviews for Charles Schwab

1. Good culture but the company needs to do more to keep its employees

Former Employee - Premier Lending Associate in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Premier Lending Associate in Englewood, CO

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are great. I met some very smart and hardworking people at Schwab, its a shame that they arent rewarded like they should be.

Cons

Pay is on the low end for most entry level type jobs and the company hasn't given good raises or bonuses since 2007. While I was there, the attitude from leadership seemed to be one of "If you don't like your job than hit the road because we can find someone else." What ever happened to viewing employees as assets rather than seat fillers?

Advice to Management

Work harder to reward everyone who does a good job, not just the top 5% of performers. Stop making excuses on why you can't pay more and become more competitive with peer companies in terms of compensation.

Sink or Swim

Former Employee - Client Service Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Client Service Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are friendly and professional.

Cons

For an entry-level position into investments, dealing with client accounts and money, I would expect the training at Schwab to be more complete. My training was about two-weeks, with a different trainer almost every day, and the trainers didn't follow or utilize the training book as often as I would expect. By the time training was over, I didn't receive a lot of support, and felt like it was sink or swim for me.

Advice to Management

Regardless of what role someone is being hired for, ensure to provide complete and detailed training.