Charles Schwab
www.aboutschwab.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Overall, a positive experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time for more than a year

ProsVery friendly co-workers, great training, lots of different opportunities within the firm to increase your skill set. Flexible schedule, since the center is open 24/7/365. Managers are helpful in answering your questions, but also make sure you understand the process. Systems utilized are terribly difficult to learn.

ConsPay could be a little higher given the tasks that reps do. Some managers can be a little difficult to work with, but most of them are great overall. Being on the phone all day can lead to a tired voice, maybe explore opportunities to allow reps to utilize some time off the phone for career development and projects related to growing the business, instead of reps having to request time off the phone.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe identify some more off the phone tasks for reps to partake in to give them a little break of answering the phone all the time. An example would be 70% of a reps day would be interacting with clients on the phone, 15% would be career building, and the remaining 15% would be miscellaneous projects to help identify ways to grow the business.

Fast paced and very stressful

I have been working at Charles Schwab

Pros: Great benefits and very nice people. Cons: Management creates perpetual crisis mode. Difficult to succeed because… Advice to Senior Management: It's clear to everybody that who you know not what you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Schwab is a great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Charles Schwab as a contractor

Pros: great benefits, transparency, respectful of clients and employees, highly compliant with all regulations. They… Cons: It was difficult to learn their lingo and acronyms. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Charles Schwab.

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Charles Schwab reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Charles Schwab CEO Walt Bettinger II. All reviews posted anonymously by Charles Schwab employees.