Charles Schwab

www.schwab.com

Falling behind from a technology standpoint

Managing Director, Marketing (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsIf your manager allows it, you can work remotely on occasion. Solid values and ethics. Good ability to move around from department to department, provided there are jobs you are interested in open.

ConsWorkforce is stretched too thin. Frequent reorganizations make it hard to know who has ownership/responsibility when issues arise. Technology infrastructure is seriously outdated and results in frequent frustration/loss of productivity for employees. Some groups rarely promote employees and are reluctant to make salary adjustments for long-time employees, resulting in many high performers leaving the firm to obtain a better title/salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at the employee rewards and recognition programs and find a way to provide meaningful, public recognition for more employees. And work on implementing a social media monitoring program so employees are not blocked from using all sites with a social aspect.

Charles Schwab Bank Customer Service Rep

Schwab Bank Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Denver, CO

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time for more than a year

Pros: for the most part, great managers and coworkers. benefits are fantastic. health, vision, and dental insurance are all very competitive. Directors are very present, I… Cons: Where to begin... to say that the bank technology is old is a gross understatement. Bank reps literally use 20 different systems, none of which… Advice to Senior Management: invest some money in the bank. it's a very small piece of Schwab overall, but clients lose faith SO quickly in the company when… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

TUMULTUOUS

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good benefits, generous paid time off. Cons: At Schwab, you will be micro-managed to the inth degree. They don't pay very well either. If you work in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Charles Schwab.

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!