Charles Schwab

www.schwab.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab

Don't Do It. Look Elsewhere.

Current Employee - Managing Director in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Managing Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very diverse workplace with some exceptional employees. Very client focus driven and most everyone wants to "do the right thing". Great opportunity as there are much work that needs to be tended to right away.

Cons

Sr. level management lacks a clear vision and is in constant change. I found the there to be many who operate in a passive aggressive manner and create a borderline hostile work environment. In my 20+ successful years in the financial services industry, I have never been treated so poorly while working so hard and producing results. Very phony environment.

People are your greatest asset to run this business. Treat others with respect and learn to effectively collaborate with those who have experience.

956 Other Employee Reviews for Charles Schwab (View Most Recent)

Lousy work environment - nobody is your friend.

Current Employee - Department Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

A job. I guess the ethics are ok. Good deals for Advisors

Cons

Everything else. Super micromanaging orwellian culture that makes everyone bitter and on edge. Everyone will throw you under the bus if they think it will get them an extra dime. Hate how they don't appreciate anyone.

Care about employees. Make the departments a team instead of one big dogfight. Impossible to make friends in this culture.

Charles Schwab Bank Customer Service Rep

Current Employee - Schwab Bank Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Schwab Bank Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (more than a year)

Pros

for the most part, great managers and coworkers. benefits are fantastic. health, vision, and dental insurance are all very competitive. Directors are very present, I have met many of the senior level people on several occasions. Schwab genuinely wants their employees to be happy, and takes many steps to put that to action.

Cons

Where to begin... to say that the bank technology is old is a gross understatement. Bank reps literally use 20 different systems, none of which communicate with each other, and they all do ONE single thing. The pay with Schwab Bank does not compensate for the verbal abuse that has to be tolerated by reps on a day to day basis. Clients are often EXTREMELY angry when they call in, usually because their debit card has been declined or blocked due to the conservative fraud monitoring system on the cards. The turnover with Schwab Bank is very high due to these and other frustrations, and the training is not long or thorough enough, so there are always new reps that are making grave mistakes and/ or giving out wrong information. You take call after call after call, with very structured and limited breaks. Also, Schwab Bank is an online bank, but they don't offer e-statements or e-transfers for savings accounts... Just another example. Doesn't make sense.

invest some money in the bank. it's a very small piece of Schwab overall, but clients lose faith SO quickly in the company when they have problem after problem, and mistake after mistake. Compensate your people better. The amount that we make isn't enough for what we do.

There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab