Great place to work

Former Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunities to advance Listen to employees Learn stock markets

Cons

Lots of red tape E erything must pass by legal

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Discriminating, Bullying and misconduct

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Unfortunately there are no pros to working here!

Cons

I have witnessed and have heard fellow Schwabbe's being mis treated,belittled disrespected and if that was not enough I have even over heard mangers mock and make fun of an employee because of their religion and or nationality. This kind of misconduct is morally unethical. At Schwab we are all supposed to be and show higher standards I guess that does not count of you are in management as that continues to happen further more The HR reps do not do anything but cover up the mess sweep everything under the rug. And when you talk to them about it how ironically the next day you get some form management retaliation in which again nothing gets done. It is apparent to me that the HR reps are solely there to only protect the mangers which in not right. According to the Schwab company handbook mangers may not retaliate in any capacity. Can you explain why when this happens why you can find all the HR reps sitting on their hands? Bullying, religious profiling and or discrimination must be stopped!

Advice to Management

Employes need to be safe from bigoted mangers

Micromanagers and Bullying Culture Dominate Schwab

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-- Nice facilities -- Wellness reward ($250/yr) -- Quarterly bonus

Cons

After working in corporate America for over decade, I'd have to say that some of the worst micromanaging occurs here. If you're looking for a career where you work more autonomously, do not apply at Schwab. Many of the managers here also see only one way of doing things. I think this is why Schwab struggles so much with innovation. If you don't do things your manager's way, it's wrong. There's also a bullying culture at Schwab. I've seen a number of other posts related to this on here. VPs, Directors and even some Sr. Mgrs are bullies in the workplace, putting others down when they get the opportunity. The sad part is even if you report them, nothing gets done. I'm aware of two HR complaints filed against individuals for bullying and those two people have not been removed from the company or even demoted. One manager who managed a bully even admitted he didn't know how to deal with his bullying report. Because he didn't know how to handle the situation, nothing was done. I would not recommend working for Schwab. It has not been a good experience for me and a number of folks I know.

Advice to Management

Deal with the bullying complaints before Schwab really gets in trouble.